Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Why I Became a Close to My Heart Consultant Blog Hop

 
The focus for this CTMH blog hop is artwork 
showing the "Why". 
Why I became a CTMH consultant and 
why I continue as a CTMH consultant.  
We have approximately 18 consultants participating in this hop.  If you are coming from Sheila Bennett's blog, Sheila's Stamping Stuff, you are on the right track.  In case you get lost, you can get a complete list of participants HERE. To enjoy this hop is quite simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one!  Here we go! 

Here's my "Why"  
 I will tell you my story first and then show a card that illustrates techniques I've learned and the FUN I've had playing BINGO with CTMH Inspirations Bingo (click for a copy). I'm so BLESSED to be part of the CTMH family, so many great friends and fun events.  I've learned so much as I explore, create and share the mission of CTMH: 
We show you how to celebrate relationships 
through discovering your creativity, 
to preserve and share the moments that matter most.®

A few years ago, Julie Reynolds challenged her team to create a layout sharing the "WHY" we joined Close to My Heart.  I was working full time, and really not finding a lot of time to join challenges, however, I have thought about the why often.  Prior to becoming a consultant, I was attending workshops at a friend's home.  My friend's cousin is a CTMH consultant.  In those days CTMH was known as D.O.T.S.(Dozens of Terrific Stamps).  I was invited to crash their club, whenever I had time, without any monthly commitment.  At that time, I had no idea what workshops and clubs were and found them simply a fun time to learn craft techniques and spend time with friends. Then at one meeting there was a special for new consultants; I could get all these amazing supplies at a discount, PLUS, an additional gift, a cute card kit - FREE!  I like free, I like discounts, and I like making cards. The kit had a magnetic closure and contained everything for several cards including ink and stamps.  Eight years later, I'm still a consultant and still have the box and stamp set. I'm a teacher. I love learning, I love sharing what I learn, and I love crafting. As a consultant, I have access to online trainings, bi-annual events, plus an Annual Leadership Convention, packed with classes teaching me a variety of techniques, clever cards, home decor, gifts, unique layouts and even jewelry . Beyond the obvious, the classes and technical support, since joining CTMH, I've also meet such amazing, talented people who have become dear friends.

Here's my ten reasons WHY ~
10. Discounts on supplies ~ 22% commision or more, depending on my current level.
9. Amazing products; quality is a priority and Corp listens when we make suggestions.
8. Corporate support/training ~ FREE on-line business website.
7. Great stamps, Acrylic, plus, delightful double sided papers; both with popular trending designs
6. Technical support, lots of social media options
5. Preserved memories; made fast, easy, and artistically done
4. New relationships, friendships - love you  XOXO!
3. Team meetings with Julie; fun!
2. Retreats - lots of them. More fun!  hahaha
Finally,
the #1 reason WHY I became a consultant 8 years ago and WHY I'm still a consultant - is the JOY!
Being a consultant gives me joy!
I am Crafty Happy 
One FUN game I've played at Crops is BINGO.
So for this Crafty Happy Card, I played the
CTMH Inspiration BINGO I got from the CTMH blog.
I was able to come close to a blackout using 22 of 24 challenges.
All smashed into one card.

 

 This BINGO card is a little busy, but it was FUN!
I love a good challenge.
The two challenges I didn't complete were to use 4 patterned papers, and to use a complete pkg of embellishments,  What I did accomplish was using ribbon, twine, a cricut cutout, washi tape, arrows, monochromatic colors, colors in the same family (Whimsy), favorite color, (lagoon), Picture My Life (Birdie and nest), a frame, (CS around the arrows), embossing, sanding, water colors, Shin Han markers (used to color the sparkles blue), stitching, doodling, (both with the faux stitching), stamp in an unusual way (inked a 1 inch block, spritzed it and stamped it around the ends of the sentiment), stamp masking, (the You and the "hello" and arrow) hand writing ("friend"), boarder punch, and expose the white core (embossed and sanded arrows), = total 22 inspiring ideas used + 2 ideas not used.


Let me tell you how you can enjoy the benefits of being a CTMH consultant. 
Yes!  Baby we're worth it!
 
Yes, sign up as a consultant in April and be eligible to earn 
a free Cricut Collection. 
 Click HERE for more information.


Now hop on over to Kirsten Jade's blog,
Scrapbooking with Kirsten Jade, 
to enjoy her art work that dispays her WHY.

2 comments:

  1. Love all the details- the tonal theme of the card keeps it from being too overwhelming and I think you have done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card with all the detail.

    ReplyDelete