Saturday, July 18, 2015

The Everything ABC's Blog Hop - Letter O

Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop

For this hop, we will be featuring the letter "O".  This may be the name of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment. Whatever the crafter has chosen as their "O" element will be featured in their post.  
If you came from Wendy Kessler's Blog then you're on the right track.  
In case you get lost along the way...go to Scrappy Therapy

For my "O" creation I use the Ombre technique.  I found a heart overlay from Artbooking that was cut too small for a previous project and decided I would use it to make a card.  I just took a sponge and Hollyhock ink and sponged the  overlay creating a darker hue on the bottom working it to be lighter on top. If I had started with a lighter cardstock the contrast would be even better.  I also took pink glitter gems and applied them from light to dark. I started with clear sparkles, though now think I need to take a pink ShinHan marker to lightly color them. The cut-out hearts and zipstrip are from the Heartstrings paper packet (retired).


All products are CTMH.
 Heartstrings Paper Packet (retired)

Your next stop on our Everything ABC's blog hop

 Be sure to leave comments.  
I hope you enjoy the inspiration! 

3 comments:

  1. Love the gradient colour of the glitter gems, it really brings the card together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so cute! Love the heart Overlay and the inking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! I love the way you did the ombre.

    ReplyDelete