Thursday, April 30, 2015

CTMH May SOTM - Just Sayin

Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! 


 We will be featuring May's SOTM, which is "Just Sayin", 
a set of 14 stamps.  


 I hope you have enjoyed the artwork so far. 
There are 50 consultants participating in this hop.
 If you have come here from Katie Hessel, you are on the right path! 
The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around.  
If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on  Melinda's Blog:  http://ifyoublingit.blogspot.com/p/stamp-of-month-blog-hop-list.html.


I've been intriqued with the Bokeh technique and have been playing with it. I made the left card following the instructions by Keenan Kreations.  The right card I spritzed with clear water for a different effect.
 I like the video tutorial by Keenan Kreations

The card is made with White Daisy. Somehow it looks pink.  I think it was due to poor lighting. The left card was inked in the blues, stamped in Pacifica, the circles are Daisy White.  I did the same on the right hand card with the addition of spritzing it with plain water.  I made a circle template using cardstock and a variety of circle punches.  I plan to make a more permanent template using an acetate sheet and the cricut.  Then it will be washable and when using it you can see through and manage the placement of the circles more accurately.  When stamping, create interest by using a variety of shapes placed at various distances, with different intensities.  Return to some circles and reink them, a brighter circle will appear closer.

Materials used.
White shimmer trim Z3024
Blue shimmer trim Z3025
Pacifica ink Z2192
Daisy White pigment ink Z2163
Sky ink -retired (Glacier Z2641would be a good alternate)
Crystal Blue ink Z2117
Round sponge cut into wedges Z697
Finger dauber for the circles Z726

Now "Hop" on over to Kathleen Androlewicz to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! Remember, the May SOTM is only available until May 31!  Contact your CTMH Consultant (or click here) to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount!

16 comments:

  1. Fun bokkeh cards! I'll have to check out the tutorial as I haven't done this technique yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the technique, haven't tried it yet but hope to soon. GREAT cards for "just because"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely need to try this technique! Thanks for the link to the tutorial you used. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to try this technique. I love your cards :) Maybe we can craft together when the end of the school year comes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sound like a great plan. I just had 9 people two weeks ago in my crafthappy place! We had a great time.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful!! I love both of these cards. I so love this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous take on the bokeh technique! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards! Can't wait to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Bokeh technique. It's not as easy as it looks and yours is BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is great! I must try this Bokeh technique, thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are absolutely stunning, I really must try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful monochrome cards and I love the bokeh effects.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty card, cool technique!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the video link. I need to try this technique soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really like the backgrounds that you created.

    ReplyDelete